CAPITA SELECTA: OSTEOMYELITIS OF THE SKULL BASE – MALIGNANCIES OF THE TEMPORAL BONE17-04-2023
The “56th Nijmegen Ear Surgery Course” will take place April 17th -21st 2023 in the Radboud University Medical Center in Nijmegen – The Netherlands. Part of this course will be the minisymposium: “Capita Selecta concerning skull base pathology and surgery”. This will be at April 21st, the last day of the course, however can be attended without course participation. The goal of this day is to share knowledge on a specific topic on the brink of skull base pathology and neurotology. If you are interested, you are cordially invited. The course will be in English.
- 11.15-11.45 Registration
- 11.45-11.55 Opening symposium and introduction to Radboudumc Skull Base Centre - Dirk Kunst (ENT, Radboudumc/MUMC+)
TOPIC I – Osteomyelitis
- 11.55-12.15 General introduction osteomyelitis of the skull base– Jerome Waterval (ENT, MUMC+)
- 12.15-12.35 Osteomyelitis in the outpatient clinic, how to come to a diagnosis – Thijs Jansen (ENT, Radboudumc)
- 12.35-12.55 Radiological cases of osteomyelitis - Sjoert Pegge (Radiology, Radboudumc)
- 12.55-13.45 Lunch
- 13.45-14.05 Skull base osteomyelitis and Imaging; patterns of spread – Linda Jacobi (Radiology, MUMC+)
- 14.05-14.25 Microbiological considerations in osteomyelitis - Jochem Buil (Medical Microbiology, Radboudumc)
- 14.25-14.45 Pharmacological aspects – Roger Brüggemann (Clinical Pharmacy, Radboudumc)
- 14.45-15.15 Coffee / Tea
- 15.15-15.35 Sigmoid sinus thrombosis - Thijs Jansen (ENT, Radboudumc)
TOPIC II – Malignancies of the temporal bone
- 15.35-15.55 Squamous cell carcinoma of the temporal bone – international cohort study- Dirk Kunst (ENT, Radboudumc/MUMC+)
- 15.55-16.15 Squamous cell carcinoma of the temporal bone – To be announced
- 16.15 Closure and drinks – Dirk Kunst
Registration on our website Radboud UMC - Nijmegen Ear Surgery Course Radboud UMC, before April 1st 2023.
Registration fee: € 75
After registration more information will be provided.
Accreditation is applied for at the Dutch Association of Otorhinolaryngology. The meeting is endorsed by the European Skull Base Society.
Location: Radboud University Medical Center, Experience Center, Geert Grooteplein 15, Nijmegen, the Netherlands. Conferenceroom De Snelbinder, route 5.
With regards, also on behalf of Emmanuel Mylanus, the faculty and the Dutch Academic Alliance Skull Base pathology Radboudumc – MUMC+.
Thijs Jansen, ENT surgeon, Skull base surgeon
Dirk Kunst, ENT surgeon, Skull base surgeon; Chairman Dutch Academic Alliance Skull Base pathology Radboudumc – MUMC